2012 Discretionary Program Solicitation – DUE Dec 9, 2011November 14, 2011
The Surface Transportation Extension Act of 2011, Part II (Extension Act), title I of Public Law 112-30, extended Federal-aid highway program funding through March 31, 2012. FHWA plans to award funding available for these programs under the six-month extension. If additional FY 2012 funding for these programs is provided, FHWA intends to subsequently award these additional program funds based upon responses to this solicitation, if merited by the applications that are received.
Listed below are the approximate amounts of funding currently available (including any carryover funding from previous years) for the 12 discretionary grant programs. The actual amount available for award in each program is subject to change pending final calculations of Federal-aid highway program funding distributions or any additional funding provided by Congress.
- Delta Region Transportation Development – $4.7million
- Ferry Boat – $22.2 million
- Highways for Life – $9.5 million
- Innovative Bridge Research and Deployment – up to $4.2 million
- Interstate Maintenance – $47.3 million
- National Historic Covered Bridge Preservation – $4.7 million
- National Scenic Byways Program – $20.6 million
- Public Lands Highways – $45 million
- Rail Highway Crossing Elimination in High Speed Rail Corridors – $7.1 million
- Transportation, Community and System Preservation – $29 million
- Truck Parking Facilities – $2.9 million
- Value Pricing Pilot Program – $6.9 million
By this notice, the FHWA is soliciting applications for these 12 programs for FY 2012 funding. Detailed information about each program and eligibility requirements can be found at http://www.fhwa.dot.gov/discretionary/index.cfm.
Our goal is to put the currently available funding to work as quickly as possible to provide needed transportation improvements and support economic growth. To that end, FHWA is announcing this solicitation to advance these programs and put Americans back to work.
For the following programs, Applicants must submit their completed applications no later than COB December 9, 2011 :
- Ferry Boat-HQ Program Manager-April Nitsos
- Highways for Life-HQ Program Manager-April Nitsos
- Innovative Bridge Research and Deployment-HQ Program Manager-April Nitsos
- Interstate Maintenance-HQ Program Manager-April Nitsos
- National Historic Covered Bridge Preservation-HQ Program Manager-April Nitsos
- Public Lands Highways-HQ Program Manager-April Nitsos
- Transportation, Community and System Preservation-HQ Program Manager-Teresa McWilliam
- (HQ program managers of the remaining programs, will contact you with their due dates.)
The applications and guidance can be found at http://www.fhwa.dot.gov/discretionary/. In addition, FHWA HQ provided a checklist for the Public Lands Highway program attached here. All information will be required for your application to be considered for award.
APPLICATIONS OR ADDITIONS/CHANGES RECEIVED AFTER DECEMBER 9, 2011 WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE EMAILED IN ONE FILE TO: firstname.lastname@example.org. PLEASE DO NOT MAIL HARD COPIES. LOCAL AGENCIES ARE ADVISED TO CALL TO Jim Day at (530) 741-5116 TO MAKE SURE THEIR APPLICATIONS WERE RECEIVED.