May 20, 2016
In an email sent to ATP stakeholders from the CTC:
These scoring rubrics are primarily intended as a guide for the evaluators in order to encourage consistency across the evaluation teams. Applicants may also find this document useful when preparing their applications. Applicants should be cautioned, however, that evaluators may take other factors into consideration when scoring applications such as overall application and project quality, project context, and project deliverability.
Information for Question 1 is still being developed and will be posted on CTC’s ATP website when ready.
May 12, 2016
Local agencies have been notified of project eligibility changes that will be made to the Highway Bridge Program (HBP):
Effective October 1, 2016, the following categories of bridge projects will NOT be eligible for HBP funding:
- Bridges that are not in the National Bridge Inventory. This will effectively exclude replacement of low-water crossings from receiving HBP funding.
Bridges that are Functionally Obsolete due to bridge deck geometrics.
Bridges that were NOT designed and constructed to acceptable standards, resulting in substandard facilities for such conditions as flood flows. The Commitee may grant an exception to the this policy after due consideration.
- Bridge Preventative Maintenance Program (BPMP) projects under $100,000. For smaller BPMP projects, local agencies are encouraged to use non-federal funds and accumulate Bridge Investments Credits to use as a match for future HBP funded projects. The Committee may grant an exception to this policy after due consideration.
For additional information, reference the letter to local agencies or contact Caltrans HBP managers - Linda Newton (916-651-0022), Reza Fereshtehnejad (916-651-6876), or Eileen Crawford (916-653-5740).
April 28, 2016
DLA regarding the recently launched webpage to assist local agencies with Consultant Selection and Procurement:
Visit our Consultant Selection and Procurement web page to find helpful resources, such as:
- LAPM Chapter 10, Consultant Selection
- Procuring A&E Contracts Q&A
- Sample RFP’s
- RFP vs RFQ Matrix
- Federal vs State Procurement Matrix
- Cost Estimate Samples
- Other Resources
April 27, 2016
If your agency has adopted the Caltrans standards for your construction contracts, you’ll want to register for the recently announced webinar (May 18, 10AM - Noon) hosted by the Division of Construction:
This webcast on the Caltrans 2015 Construction Contract Standards will include a presentation, followed by questions and answers. The presentation will include:
- How do the construction contract standards work?
- Payment - how is work paid for?
- Changes in 2015 Standards - where did that specification go?
April 22, 2016
These are recommendations for programming funds for transportation projects covering the five-year period 2016-17 through 2020-21. These recommendations include deletion of $754,048,000 in funds from previously committed projects, and the delay of $755,092,000 in project funds to the last two years of the period (2019-20 and 2020-21).
These recommendations will be considered by the Commission for adoption at the May 18-19, 2016 Commission meeting in Stockton.